Friday, February 6, 2015

Bungy-Corded Laptop Man

The holidays have come and gone and good Jesus Christ were they rough. I got picked up for seasonal work at Fossil again, which is a good thing. They then agreed to keep me on beyond seasonal, which is also a good thing. God knows I like money.

Thanksgiving was fine.

Christmas, for some reason, knocked me on my ass. I honestly have no good reason why. Mom invited her friend Linda to stay with us for a few days and she's got MS and it was just...hard. Everything about it was hard. She's a nice lady (albeit a bit weird), but everything was hard. I think Mom was taken aback at how hard it would be.

I think I've been ditched by that staffing company that I had such high hopes for. Shocker. Once again something falls through.

I've found another one to go to, but I'm just hesitant because I really cannot take anymore heartbreak.

I've been feeling extraordinarily lonely here lately, I realized I don't have many friends to go hang out with. It's a sad realization to come to. I've joined meetup.com, but I've also got to have the balls to like...go. I keep telling myself, "Maybe next week", and next week never comes.

(As a total sidenote, I'm doing this post in a Starbucks. This bouncy guy just sat down across from me at the giant communal table I'm sitting at. He's wearing this awful striped shirt, he's got his laptop, like bungy corded to this plastic thingy and he just put on his blue-tooth headset to take his power call. He's clearly very busy and important. I'm sceptical.)

My mother is also going through this horrible work stuff and it makes being at home all the more horrible. I need to find a job or a career or something that will allow me to move out. It's making me horribly depressed. I'm thinking of going back to school for paralegal-ness.

No comments:

Post a Comment