Thursday, September 18, 2014

In Which I Sleep In The Middle

As of late, I have been sliding off my pillows to the center of my bed, turning diagonal and letting my feet dangle off the edge of the bed. This means that I now basically sleep in the geographic center of the bed, much like my dear sweet cat Callie used to do. I feel like this means something, but I don't know what.

Last week I got a call from a staffing company and I went in for an interview. I've never worked with a staffing company before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Come to find out, they were located right by school, so they weren't hard to find. The other thing that was nice, was the actual interview itself. I have been getting a case of the nerves lately when it comes to interviews (which is why I didn't get the last batch of jobs-well, the one job. The other one was a call center job and was weird and I didn't really want it to begin with, but that's neither here nor there.) and I didn't want to screw up this interview as well. But it seems that I did okay. The staffing woman was incredibly friendly and put me at ease. She strongly reminded me of the movie Dave, where he has his staffing agency and "Everyone works on Monday".
I don't know. It was nice. It was encouraging.
It made me tear up on the ride home. I'm just hoping she can help. I want to hold on to whatever hope she can give.

In other news, it's turned cold here in the Motor City. And by cold, I mean...60's. I was so hoping for a bit more of summer. And by summer, I mean...70's. We've gotten off pretty lucky this season, so I can't complain too much. But last week we had a few days of mid-70's in the daytime and it was absolute bliss. It was the kind of weather you want for weeks on end, you want to ride your bike in and sit outside in and do all sorts of things in. However, it looks as though Fall is here to stay and I just can't get excited about it. I'm also not excited about the potential cold Fall might have given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment