Tuesday, August 12, 2014

In Which I'm Kinda Sad Today

It's been approximately a week since I've been "let go". I've been spending my time applying to jobs like a maniac, of course. It finally occurred to me that I should take advantage of the weather and do it outside on our patio.

Yesterday I was contacted by a recruiter for a position near-ish to home. I'm very much hoping it works out because while it's nice to sit on the patio and apply to jobs, it's also very easy to get discouraged.
Besides-there's only so much time I can spend at home with my mother.

In other news (and I won't spend long on it because there are already so many others saying so many more eloquent things on him), I am positively heartbroken over the loss of Robin Williams. I found out yesterday via the twitter and just started crying. Perhaps it's pent up sadness over a number of things, but I can't help but think we've lost yet another great talent to that horrible beast Depression and his awful cousin, Substance Abuse. I can only hope this opens up a dialogue that stays open. 


No comments:

Post a Comment