Wednesday, June 4, 2014

My Achy Breaky (Hands)

It's been about two months at the new coffee shop and it's safe to say that it totally blows. I've grown to hate basically every second of it.

I mean, I don't mind the people all that much (my co-workers, that is). They are, for the most part, perfectly fine. Some are more helpful than others, which I'm sure you find anywhere. A few of them suffer from a slight case of the "holier than thou"-itis. I'm not sure if it's because they've been there a while or because they just have that inflated sense of self that leads to that particular condition, but it can make working with them fairly annoying and tiresome.
However, they're not my main problem.

My main problem are the customers.
Just customers in general, for that matter. For every customer that is kind and not horrible, there are at least 10 that I'd like to push into oncoming traffic. They're rude and they're pushy and they're demeaning and I cannot begin to comprehend how they think treating other people like crap is okay.
It just drives me absolutely insane.

There is also the new physical aspect of this job. This particular store is absolutely insanely busy, which is a new thing for me. My previous coffee shops weren't nearly as busy by a long shot. This means that everything we're doing, we're doing at warp speed.
Lately, my hands have been hurting like whoa. They hurt when I'm at work, they hurt when I'm home, they hurt when I'm sleeping. They hurt when I'm typing this. I'm honestly not sure how much longer I can keep it up, physically. My hands aching this much is just becoming a nuisance and makes me miserable.

Oh. And my broken toe is still giving me grief, not to mention the 2nd degree burn I gave myself on my other foot. That was a doozy of a blister.
Can I quit yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment