Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Working My Way Back To You

I have probably, four blogs, when it's all said and done. At least. I find that when I'm agitated, restless, have nothing to say (which isn't ever really the case, but I do go silent on the interwebs), or for no other particular reason, I just move on out of one blog and into another.

I'm tempted to do the same here and I'm doing my damnedest not to. My toe is still somewhat broken, here at the two week mark and putting on shoes is the worst. I go to work and it isn't as bad as it once was. That being said, it still blows. There are a number of other things that make working at the coffee shop positively horrible.
For instance, we run out of ice. A lot. And now that it's warmer out and we're selling loads of iced drinks and frozen drinks we go through ice like Sherman through Georgia. Our manager, while nice, takes FOREVER to send someone next door to get ice from the pizza joint so people can get their blessed iced coffee. In the meantime, the other baristas yell at me as if it's my fault we've run out of ice (clearly). My temper has been on a very short fuse lately and it makes going to work and coming home just the absolute worst.

This short temper thing, so far, hasn't bled over (I hope) into other parts of my life too much. I'm job hunting something fierce and writing cover letters like a maniac. I think I'm going to try a new resume format soon if something doesn't turn up because I don't think I can stand it at the coffee shop much longer. It's the absolute worst these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment