Friday, February 7, 2014

Olympic Time Bitches

With all the controversy surrounding this year's Olympics, let's get one thing straight.

I am an Olympic junkie.

I love learning about all the different athletes and the sports they compete in. I obviously root for Team USA but I also just choose some favorites otherwise. Sometimes it's because they're hot (and let's face it, I'm shallow enough to root for you based on that alone), sometimes it's because I think the sport is fascinating and I can just choose someone arbitrarily and sometimes I fully bow to the media's manipulation and the backstory just gets to me.

I am a sucker for 4 am livestream of biathlon. I love those really love cross country ski races. I cannot get enough curling and not just because of the Norwegian team's pants.

I think it's a pity that the love of sport can get lost in all the other political mumbo jumbo. I like that we, as a world, can come together and play a game. Obviously there are winners and losers, but it's wonderful that we can show up at all.

It might be cheesy, but I think it's a nice thought.

Sochi 2014, bitches. I'll be busy for a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment