Thursday, January 16, 2014

Welcome to 2014, bitches.

To sum up the last bit of last year, we're going to attempt to use short, declarative sentences. I may or may not even bullet point the whole thing.

November--
--I got a job at a local coffee shop via my friend, Cheryl. I always swore that I wouldn't go back to coffee, but here we are.
--So far I do like this coffee shop better than the one I used to work at, Biggby. It also pays better. This is a good thing.
--I then got a second job at Fossil, working seasonal help. I was the only one they called back to help this season. It felt very Hunger Games.
--This round of work at Fossil was not nearly as much fun as last season. Everyone worried about "numbers" and whatever and a new assistant manager who left me alone on the floor for 45 minutes. Not Okay.

December--
--I kept working both jobs. Man was I tired. I appreciated the money, but exhaustion.
--When I would get overtired, I would cry at inappropriate times. It could make for some very fun date nights, dinners or...you know, being awake.
--I did go on vacation with my mother. And I did not kill her. This might warrant its own entry. Our second annual TCM Classic Movies Cruise was a success.
--Christmas, on the other hand, was a hustle and shenanigans and hurried and did make my want to kill my mother.
--It turns out some of the people we invite to Christmas are batshit crazy Republicans who are at such levels of crazy that I regret admitting to knowing them.
--New Years Eve was...fine. A bit boring, but fine. It's a holiday I honestly do not care about.

I believe these are the high points.

Welcome to 2014, bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment