Wednesday, September 4, 2013

There's A Bright Side Of Life?

I'm generally an optimistic person. I mean, even when life kicks me in the ass and whatever, I do my best to look on the bright side of life.
(Insert Monty Python joke here)

I still haven't heard from the Olive Oil shop, but I plan on calling tomorrow. I'm also going to head to all of my malls to see if I can find something part-time there while I figure out the rest of my life. I'm obviously applying like a mofo to full time gigs, but some of us have to pay our bills in the mean time.

Now here is where I turn all optimistic and shit.

A while ago I called the not Ms. Mae loan company to be all "I'm unemployed and basically, there's no way on God's green Earth that I can pay you your $500 a month. What are we to do about this?"
(It's entirely possible that this was the intent of the conversation, but the tone came off more desperate and more snippy.)

The dude I spoke to on the phone sounded like a moron. I mean, his phone behaviour left quite a bit to be desired, so when he was on the phone with me, I was super sceptical that he would be able to help me.
But he did.
Turns out the dude knew exactly what he was talking about and now my loans are in a good good place (AKA $0 a month) because I'm unemployed. I cannot thank that dude enough.

I also have been selling some unwanted books on Amazon. It's not a ton of money, but frankly, it's something. I find it encouraging?

Maybe things are looking up? I don't want to get my hopes too high because when they get dashed, I'll be crushed? But a vague sense of optimism isn't the worst thing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment