Monday, September 16, 2013

Bachelorette Party From Hell

So this past weekend I was supposed to go to a friend's bachelorette party. Well...friend-ish.
I met her at Chic and we became Facebook friends and she wrote a very nice e mail after I didn't get hired.

It was her bachelorette party.

I had a severe case of Le Tireds on Saturday night and didn't want to go to begin with. The BF (who might get a name soon, we shall see) and I hung out for a bit because he was going to drop me off and then pick me up because downtown Royal Oak is what one would call a "Cluster Fuck".

After he woke me up from a nap and I pouted about getting dressed and going to bar with people I didn't really know...we went. Or I went and he dropped me off.
This, my friends, is where the story comes off the rails.

I got a text saying that the other girls were running late, so I stood outside like a bit of a loser. My loserdom must have been wafting off of me because a somewhat drunk girl (named Judith) started chatting with me about the "bullshit" that came with smoking her cigarette outside and having to have her hand stamped so she could get back inside without paying another $5.
(and another thing-what is that? Cover charges? Just mark your drink up an extra dollar or something. Charge more for a sandwich. No one will ever know and then I won't feel ridiculous paying a cover charge.)

Judith was with a different bachelorette party and offered to let me hang out with them while I waited for my friends. I sort of smiled the placating smile you give to the drunk and she went on her way. However, after another five or so minutes, I got bored and kinda chilly and so I went inside to find Judith.

Judith was nice and all "Happy to see you!" and I stood in a corner with a drink, looking for my friends. I ended up standing in that corner of the table for the next hour and a half. I got a little bit tipsy and the girl I was standing next to, Christine (as Judith was off sexy dancing with some seriously older gentlemen), was nice about the fact that I couldn't find my friends.

I was doing fine until one of the bride's friends (even the bride was cool with me standing there, waiting for friends) was like "YOU DIDN'T PUT THOSE ON OUR TABS, DID YOU?", referring to my booze. I was so taken aback that I shook my head and muttered that I didn't not, while immediately tearing up because Judith had come back and was all "I'm sorry you never found your friends."

I think the combination of booze and Le Tireds and overwhelming loud bar/club and new people took their toll at that point because I totes texted the BF to come get me ASAP. I think know I freaked him out a bit, but it was just a lot for my introverted self.

It was a really long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment