Sunday, August 11, 2013

According to my blog stats, I have at least one person (or bot) in Russia reading this thing. I prefer to think that it is Edward Snowden, desperately attempting to pass the time while he figures out what to do in Russia.

Especially when he was trapped in the airport/hotel/no-man's land.
It's a thought that makes me giggle. With that said--
Hello Edward! Welcome! Здравствуйте! Как дела? (you should work on your Russian)

Yesterday I finally posted in a Facebook group that I joined a few weeks ago. It's a bit touchy-feely for my taste, but it's run by a girl whose blog I read occasionally, so I thought I'd try it. I mean, goodness knows things can't really get much worse?

(I'm purposely keeping everything vague here because if this ends up helping me, fantastic. And others might find it helpful-I'm not in a place to openly mock what might be useful. However, that won't stop me from being as sceptical as I can be.)

Every morning (or as best you can), according to this group, you're supposed to begin your morning With Intention. Whether you spend it writing, meditating or exercising, you're to do it With Intention. I think it's got something to do with the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. Frankly, I need Seven Habits of People Who Are Able To Function Somewhat Normally In Any Given Week.

I'm deep enough in my ennui to try anything to see if it helps, but also not so deep into it that I can't give my Intentional Acts the healthy side-eye.
This morning, instead of exercising (which I have been trying to do a few times a week because reasons raisins someone told me I should), I read the paper quietly for about half an hour before my mother came in and wouldn't shut the hell up, as she is wont to do.

Tomorrow we're going to try listening to a different podcast or meditating or something as I might maybe probably won't hear about this job, but want to hear about it anyway.
I have to do it With Intention.

....*side-eye*

No comments:

Post a Comment