Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Drive Faster

I have opened this page many times in the last few days before closing it again without writing anything. Today, however, is different. It finally dawned on me-No one is reading, so it doesn't matter what I write. So long as I think it's funny that is.

A heatwave has come here to Metro Detroit and we Yankees aren't used to it in the least. It's humid, it's hot, you see the wavy lines when you look at stuff far away because it's so toasty. I avoid most of these things by not going outside, however there is no air conditioning in my house.

This means I am adept at attempting to staying cool in the severe heat. I hopped in my car today in the hunt for air conditioning (I'm looking at you Starbucks) and had some work to take with me.
However, in the quest for someplace cooler than my kitchen, I kinda kept driving. I told myself I'd stop at the next one I saw except I must've been going down the most country road ever (except it's not) or I just chose not to see all the coffee shops with all the free wifi.

I kept driving. I turned down the occasional road just to see where it went. I honestly cannot tell you the last time I did something with no schedule, no plan and no...nothing. I had a vague idea on what I wanted to do, sure, but I just...went. I had no phone calls to make for my parents, I didn't have to babysit my mother because she doesn't eat like an adult if I'm not home, I didn't have any kind of itinerary...

It was shockingly liberating. I had a really hard time coming home.

But it was a good lesson. I can do what I want. I can do anything.
I'm going to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment