Friday, June 28, 2013

No Power and Still Itchy

Over a month later (and of course no posts) and I'm still itchy and scratchy. However, they're real itches and scratches. I have acquired, through much skill, many many mosquito bites. It's super annoying, but it's actually a good thing because cortisone cream will work on them! And benadryl! I can take it and it's useful.

It's the small things here.

Last night there were some wicked storms and we lost power. It's unclear when it'll get back on, since the power company (DTE) had us marked as fixed last night when we really weren't. I had to call them and put in a new request. My mother was super annoyed. I had a moment of rage myself, but it passed. There were supposedly 110,000 without power at the height of the problem, but now DTE has it down to 57,000-ish.

This means that my mother and I camped out at a Panera all day. It is not as much fun as one would think. In fact, it's kind of boring. It's nice to be able to be online, to have a light on when you pee, but frankly, my attention span has come and gone. I don't know what I can do to keep myself amused. I'm getting wicked antsy.

With luck, I'll be able to update from a house with power soon, be it mine or my boyfriend's, because I'll be living there until this is dealt with.

I'm pulling for you DTE. Get this shit fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment