Thursday, May 16, 2013

Itchy and Scratchy

I have been an itchy and scratchy mess lately. Early last week I attempted to scratch a mole off. I seriously thought those were more attached than that.

Spoiler alert: They're not.

Anyway.

Once I staunched the bleeding and doped myself up on a fartload of Benadryl, I slept for the first time in a few days. It was a beautiful, yet still itchy, thing.

This itching has gone on for the last 10 damn days and yesterday I reached a boiling point. I went to the store, I bought some Dreft, and went on an overly optimistic vaguely manic washing frenzy.
I washed the following--
My sheets
My comforter
My clothes
My pajamas

And I didn't even wash all my clothes. But approximately 5 loads of laundry later, I hope to have this itching under control. Rationally, I know this won't make much of a difference. That doesn't mean that I'm not a big believer in the placebo effect though. I even plan on taking some Dreft over to the BFs house to wash basically everything he owns, because ohwhynot.

Otherwise I'm going to have to start sleeping with gloves on.

No comments:

Post a Comment